Call for Applications: Teaching@BusinessSchool Programme
The aim of the T@BS programme is to offer lecturers and practitioners the opportunity to jointly work with students and professors on specific topics as well as to achieve an international focus. Berlin is a cultural centre for Germany and a thriving European metropolitan area, making it a highly attractive location within the international arena. The programme will help to introduce students to new cultures and provide international knowledge.
The Business School at HTW Berlin
The Business School — administrative name "Department 3: Economics and Law" — is the second largest department at HTW Berlin, including over 3,000 students, 60 professors and 120 lecturers. The students and lecturers collaborate with numerous national and international companies, administrations, associations, research and educational institutions, and many universities worldwide. Lectures, seminars and workshops are organised in order to create and appreciate new perspectives. Current issues in economics and society are addressed and analysed together with students in a cooperative form that includes active involvement and professional feedback. Combined together, this produces a unique combination of strengths: a central and cultural location, an international outlook and excellent academic performance.
HTW Business School study programmes
HTW Business School offers the following programmes:
Management of Labour and Human Resources | Business Administration | Finance, Accounting, Corporate Law, Taxation | Real Estate Management |Industrial Sales and Innovation Management | International Business | International and Development Economics | Nonprofit Management and Public Governance | Public Management | Business Law | Business Economics and Policies
Aim of the T@BS programme
The aim of the T@BS programme is to offer lecturers and practitioners the opportunity to jointly work with students and professors on specific topics with added international value. The programme will help to introduce students to new cultures and provide international knowledge.
Lecturers with topics in the following areas are in particular of interest:
- Career transition
- Digital Marketing & eCommerce
- Data‐driven Business Analytics
- Practical Data Governance, Data Security, Service Learning
- Business Ethics, Ethics in Science and Economics
However, other topics are welcome!
Framework conditions for lecturers
- Intensive courses of 30 or 60 hours in English
- Lectures in the evening as well as on Friday afternoons and Saturdays
- Blended learning arrangements are possible
- Copies and selected teaching material are organised
- Financial support of about 1,000 or 2,000 euros (additional travel expenses cannot be paid)
If the sending institution respectively your institution is an ERASMUS+ partner university of HTW Berlin, you may participate in the "Teaching Staff Mobility" funding of the sending institution to cover your travel expenses. For further details please contact the international office of your university.
The background of the offered courses must be scientific and professional. Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English is required. The following documents should be submitted:
- Teaching concept (structure, types of learning)
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form including photo
- References (only applicable if you are not from an Erasmus+ partner institution of HTW Berlin)
- Copy of university degree certificate
- Copy of PhD certificate (if applicable)
Applications must be submitted in one consolidated PDF file via e-mail to Prof. Dr. Michael Jaensch. Applications must be received for summer terms (April-July) before 1 December and winter terms (October-January) before 1 May.